Effective Date: 4 March 2022
With an HR background, I live and breathe confidentiality. Yes, I am a very good secret keeper! This policy applies to the products and services I provide, including on my website (www.thirdspacepeople.com) and my social media channels.
I will only use your personal information in compliance with:
- Australian Privacy Laws (Privacy Act (Cth)
- Australian Privacy Principles
- Where applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Any other legislation, regulation, guidelines or standards governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
Have any privacy related questions? Reach out to [email protected] and I’ll walk through them with you.
My Commitment to You
I value the trust you place in me. Part of this trust is protecting your privacy and ensuring any personal information I hold about you is secure. A few other things you should know:
- I want you to feel comfortable by knowing what information is collected and how I use it. Full transparency.
- I will only ever request information that will ensure effective delivery of my services. Nothing more.
- I do not sell or rent your details to third parties. Yuck.
- I’m committed to implementing and maintaining compliance controls that safeguard your information.
Types of Data I may Collect
During your interactions with me, I may collect personal information such as:
- Your name, email address and contact details
- Your interests in my products, services or events
- Financial information e.g. credit card details when you’re making a purchase
- Data about the products or services you purchase
- Your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plug ins, geolocation, what operating system and version
- How you use my website e.g. URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on certain pages and other actions
- Data about your experience and satisfaction with my website
- Dara relating to attendance at any events I host including webinars
- If you are an employee or prospective employee, data relating to your qualifications, skills and experience
- If you are a supplier of goods and services or a prospective supplier, information about your products, services and pricing.
When and how I collect Data
Much of this data may be collected from you when you use my website. For example:
- When you complete and online form e.g. signing up to a waitlist or reaching out via my ‘Let’s Connect’ page
- When you subscribe my newsletter
- When you enter a competition
- When you complete a questionnaire
- When you set up an account
Other ways in which data may be collected is if you become a client, employee or supplier.
What I do with your Data
Under data laws, I am only allowed to use your data for specific reasons. Phew! I will use your data for the purpose it was collected, including:
- To run my website
- To provide you with products, information and services
- For customer support purposes
- To track your purchase history
- To detect and prevent fraud
- To improve my website
- For marketing purposes (with your consent)
- To make your experience on my website more efficient and enjoyable
- To provide you with information about events, or other products or services that may be of interest
I may disclose your data for the purposes it was collected and also:
- As required by law subject to our obligations
- With your consent
- Within my business
What are your rights?
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting me via my ‘Let’s Connect’ page on my website via email at [email protected].
- You don’t need to share your personal data
You can choose not to provide me with any personal data. It’s worth noting that if you do this, I will not be able to provide you with any products or services, however; you can continue to browse my website.
- You can opt out of marketing
I will always let you know before I collect any data from you what the intended use is and if I intend to use it for marketing. You can change your mind at any time by unsubscribing from any emails I send you (though I will be sad to see you go!).
- You can access your information
I will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights. Of course, I will tell you if I can’t comply with your request and why.
- You can update any inaccurate information
You can ask me to correct any information I hold about you, that you believe is inaccurate.
- You can object to using data for profiling or automated decisions
I may use your data to determine what products and services are relevant to you e.g. tailoring my emails based on your behaviour. Otherwise, the only circumstances in which we will use this data is to provide my products and services to you.
- You can request to be forgotten
You have the right to request for your data to be erased. This means I have to delete all information that I hold about you, except to the extent of any information I am required to hold due to my legal obligations.
- You have the right to make a complaint regarding the use of your data
If you have any complaints regarding how your data is handled, please email at [email protected]. If you’re not satisfied with my response, you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at OAIC.
I get it. Sharing your personal information comes with a certain level of responsibility. Don’t worry, I got you. I take all reasonable steps to protect the information I hold, securely in electronic form. Safeguards include:
- Operating completely electronically so there are no physical copies floating around
- (Complex) password protected accounts and documents
- As a one-woman band, I am the only person who has access to data
I’m not about hoarding. I’ll only keep your data for as long as I need it (note, this period will depend on your interactions with me). If you’ve made a purchase with me, I’ll keep a record of this for the necessary invoicing and tax purpose period. When I no longer need to keep it, I will delete it.
Third parties who may process your data
I may share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- My suppliers and service providers e.g. payment processors
- My professional and legal advisors
- Third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
- Law enforcement or other government authorities
- Where I have your consent to do so or otherwise where I am legally required or permitted to do so.
Age of consent
By using my website, you confirm that you are at least the age of majority in your State or Territory of residence. My website should not be used by, and I do not knowingly collect data from anyone, under the age of majority.
Phew! You made it! If you got to this point, pour yourself a vino, make yourself a cuppa or grab yourself an iced-chai and pat yourself on the back ;)
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants and traditional custodians of the country we call home. We acknowledge the Kabi Kabi/Gubbi Gubbi people as the traditional owners and custodians of Noosa, the land upon which we live, learn, work and play, and pay our respects to their elders past, present and emerging.